We Design and Manufacture Our Products
RFI designs, develops and manufactures high-performance antennas, system components and repeater / rebroadcast systems at our two manufacturing facilities within Australia. Our manufacturing group consists of over 80 professionals and has a proud history since our inception in 1979 with a focus on delivering niche products to LMR, Public Safety and Carrier markets globally. RFI operates manufacturing sites in Victoria and South Australia, both with a proud history in quality, safety and environmental performance. Our two sites include Australia’s largest antenna manufacturing facility, producing world class Antenna and Multicoupling Systems for both Domestic and International Markets and the only Australian manufacturing site producing frequency translating repeater systems. One of the few producing RF power amplifiers and RF distribution equipment and which includes:
- A vastly experienced team with rare skills in Antenna engineering (design, manufacture and testing), Systems engineering (design, testing and installation),active RF and digital electronic engineering (design, manufacture and testing) and Software engineering (development and testing for manufacture)
- The latest antenna and RF design and drafting modelling packages
- An anechoic chamber with high power and PIM test environments
- An extensive suite of RF and digital test equipment and custom automated test equipment
- Surface mount technology for lead-free printed circuit board (PCB) assembly, complemented by an environmental test facility
- Permanent outdoor antenna test range which also houses our fully shielded RF enclosure
As an established Australian designer and manufacturer RFI provides our clients with a number of clear advantages including:
- Our ability to maintain direct control of the extended supply chain, which enhances our ability to control quality and our capacity to deliver on time
- Integration of our manufacturing and design facilities gives us the capacity to react promptly to customers changing requirements and the flexibility to implement design changes quickly
- An ability and willingness to cope with lower volume and customised orders locally combined with an ability to access contract manufacturers for very high volume, low cost product when necessary
- A personal approach with our clients and the ability for them to interact directly with our production and engineering staff where necessary
World Class Engineering and R&D Team
RFI has a World Class Engineering and R&D Team with an 80 strong engineering team located over two research and development facilities in Victoria and South Australia. The RFI engineering team is an integral partner to major government agencies, tier 1 infrastructure companies and Telco’s, delivering projects from turnkey systems to small coverage enhancements.
Our dedicated systems engineering team, located in Victoria works with aggressive deployment schedules and complex site designs and frequency allocations for which RFI is able to demonstrate its expertise in full equipment build, integration and testing and delivery of the systems. While the team in our South Australian branch engineers a range of active electronic solutions for communication network monitoring, smart wireless hubs and repeating solutions for a number of communication networks.
Our investment in R&D and continual product development means our clients can trust and rely on our leading edge products and technical solutions to deliver performance, quality, interoperability and reliability. Our proven track record of success is validated with many customer testimonials and case studies.
We provide a Fully Integrated Solution
For installation, consulting or fully integrated systems for our clients, RFI’s years of experience pays off. With our experienced team of over 30 RF engineers engaged in R&D, systems and field engineering, RFI is uniquely placed to support your organisation’s system design, installation, commissioning and support activities. RFI also has a team of very experienced renewable energy project managers who have worked on both large scale solar and energy storage projects in Australia.
Having been a specialist in the wireless field for over 30 years, RFI has also developed some unique capabilities and service offerings in the areas of specialised coverage solutions, and site interference analysis and remediation. Our Wireless Solutions group have delivered over 1000+ systems to carriers and building contractors in shopping centres, multi-story office buildings and hospitals. RFI has also designed and built a number of tunnel Radio Rebroadcast Systems and DAS for hospitals and shopping centres. RFI are able to offer these services to assist in ensuring your customer’s networks achieve the required coverage and performance characteristics. In addition, RFI has supported our large OEM and Integrator customers with site interference and remediation assistance throughout the world.
RFI has the experience, capability resources and financial strength to offer an ‘engineer, procure and construct (EPC)’ model for energy systems project delivery. This end to end service provides a low risk, ‘turnkey’ solution for our clients. We have experience working with public and private sector clients to deliver real value in their solar project designs. RFI’ team of qualified systems engineers is able to provide high quality system design from the leading design software packages and backed by our many years of experience.
We have a Global Reach in Distribution
In the wholesale distribution space we have invested heavily and operate significant and sophisticated facilities to service our customers across the country, and around the world. We offer a comprehensive range of antennas, multicoupling and repeater systems, lightning protection, cables and connectors, batteries and industrial energy products. Aside from our own manufactured range we have also formed alliances with best of breed technology partners around the globe and stock these products locally. This one stop philosophy has been with us from the beginning and we continue to refine in year after year.
To view our comprehensive range of Products, please visit our Wireless or Energy websites on the links below:
From individual components to full system design we have always been at the forefront in terms of product solutions. Extensive inventories, competitive pricing, comprehensive range and an extensive dealer network all contribute to this reputation for service. Our wholesaling capabilities include warehouses around the country but our central warehouse is the ‘hub’ of RFI. Our purpose built 11000 sq. m facility offers around the clock capacity with dual container docking, staging facilities and the ability to offer 3PL services.